Thursday 18 June 2015

Pizza Cake


Yep! You read that correctly! It's a pizza cake made right in my kitchen for you!!!
My kids are huge pizza fans,  I don't always give in to their demands but on this particular day momma decided to play nice, lol. 
I happily prepared my dough with the aim of baking a regular pizza but on a whim I decided to search the net for something different or a twist and  that's how I stumbled on this pizza.
The result was amazing and I dare say it's a must try!
My kids enjoyed the process and the outcome and, I must admit, so did I!!!


*feel free to use any toppings of your choice, but you would require grated cheese and passato preferably (puréed tomatoes )


Ingredients 
 
*Pizza dough 
*passato (tomato purée)
*pepperoni
*mozzarella 
*sweetcorn 

Tools/Equipment

*Oven (preheat on gas Mark 5, bake pizza for 10-15mins
*Rolling pin
*6" cake tin
*Pastry brush and water to dampen 

Procedure 

1. Roll out the dough quite thin 


2. Using the cake tin as a guide, cut of circles


3. After cutting, place on a baking tray, then bake for 6mins


4. While the base are baking, cut dough strip long and wide enough to go around the cake tin 


5. Place the strip inside the paper greased cake tin, allowing excess to drop out


6. Trim little excess dough from inside the cake tin, then dampen with water 


7. Start stacking the pizza. Start by putting the first baked dough inside the tin, then spread some passato over it


8. Add some cheese, then sweetcorn then the pepperoni 


9. Top it up with more cheese, then start again by repeating step 7 until you get to the very top. Next use the excess dough to make some ruffles at the top 


10. Place in the oven then back for 10-15mins on gas Mark 5 


And it's ready, 100% hit with the kids ... Honestly I couldn't resist a slice myself 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking so yummy, I have never tasted it before. Nice article you have shared of making the procedure of it and It is good for me to learn it. Get the professional Pizza Dough Sheeter for every kitchen and also the recipe of it. Dough Roller Machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe you have published here on pizza cake is quite informative. I am also found of cake. If anyone need guidance regarding cake decorating supplies, then visit Candyland crafts.

    ReplyDelete