Monday 23 March 2015

NIGERIAN BUNS: CRUNCHY MEETS CAKEY!!!




YOU'LL NEED

Baking powder 1 tablespoon
Butter 85ml (at room temperature)
Milk  195ml
Eggs  3
Sugar 100g or less if needed
Pinch of salt
vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
Plain/All purpose Flour  400g
Vegetable oil of your choice for frying

METHOD

We don't want to over mix so everything will be added and incorporated gently. First we'll add the butter to the flour in a clean bowl.


 Next add your sugar and baking powder...


Add your eggs...


Add your salt...


add milk...



Now use clean hands to gently mix and fold all together.


Your batter should look like this, not watery and not hard.


Now you have to wash off all the batter from your hands as we prepare to fry. In a bowl pour in warm water and some oil, because sticky hands are difficult to work when handling dough.


 Make some balls with your mix.


Drop in hot oil and fry for a few minutes. Fry a few at a time till they are a light golden brown. Use medium heat so it can cook through to the core without burning on the outside.


Fry a few at a time till they are a light golden brown. Use medium heat so it can cook through to the centre without burning. A lot of people make the mistake of cooking with high heat and end up with cooked outside and burnt inside buns!!!

Serve and enjoy.


20 comments:

  1. i absoutely love the look of this puff puff...congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is buns nit puff puff, Pls correct me. Can electro dryer be used. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the typing errors. I meant can electric deep fryer be used. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thats what I used too. It's buns! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so trying this,this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crunchy outside soft crumbly inside.best buns I ever ate. Made it last Sunday.yum yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sweetie, we so glad you enjoyed and had such lovely experience making them

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please can I use powdered milk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please can I put a little of yeast in d batter because I do it for commercial. Will I still get the buns texture. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please can I put a little of yeast in d batter because I do it for commercial. Will I still get the buns texture. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pls can I add little yeast cos I do it for commercial.

    ReplyDelete