Wednesday 3 June 2015

Healthy spinach chocolate brownies


Have your brownies and eat 'em TOO... For so long, the urge to bake brownies has been playing on my mind, but the calories in them left me hanging. Today, I decided NO MORE!!!!!. I wanted my brownies and I NEEDED them healthy... So I embarked on my spinach brownies, funny no TASTE of spinach in them!!!

*If you live in a country where spinach is not common or available, substitute for whichever green leafy vegetables are available to you. (Please always remember to pre-heat the oven before proceeding). 

Ingredients 

*175g wholewheat self-raising  flour (normal flour can also be used)
*100g super fine almond 
*3 tbsp cocoa powder (was mistakenly left out of picture)
*200g granulated sugar
*105g atleast 35% cocoa chocolate (melted)
*250ml milk 
*250ml olive oil
*1tbsp vanilla extract
*4 hands full of raw spinach (ugu can also be used)
*100g chocolate chips


1. Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl (with exception of the cocoa powder) then add in the vanilla extract.


2. Then the melted chocolate


3. In a food processor blend together the spinach, milk and olive oil, then pour into the dry ingredients (blend till very smooth) 


4. Now add in the cocoa powder 


5. Stir thoroughly to combine 


6. Pour into a greased or lined baking tray, then bake for 25-30mins at 180° fan oven. (Once baked the brownies should bounce back when felt).


7. Once completely baked, remove from oven, and allow it to cool down... Cannot say the same for mine, my kids digged in immediately


Have it Squared or rounded, the taste is so super fabulous 




No comments:

Post a Comment