Saturday 9 May 2015

Super moist coconut milk cake... The taste is heavenly



A slice of this cake had me screaming "MY WAISTLINE!!!!!!"... the best cake ever since I discovered the triple chocolate cake, I just had to stop myself from stuffing my mouth with so much cake!!!
This recipe is a must try and have in your recipe book... You will be back to testify, GUARANTEED. 




INGREDIENTS

300g Self raising flour
250g Caster sugar (add more (20g) if using unsweetened desiccated coconut)
250g Butter (at room temperature)
370ml Coconut milk tinned or fresh, ((See how to make/extract coconut milk))
100g Sweetened desiccated coconut 
4 Eggs (at room temperature)

*If using plain flour / all purpose flour, add in 2 Tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt to the flour. 
*It's also it is important to sift your flour, this helps to makes you cake fluffy and airy. 
*Always pre-heat your oven before any baking. Bake  the cakes at 170 celsius fan oven or gas mark 5



Weigh out your ingredients



Sift Flour



Combine Sugar and butter in the mixing pan. Mix thoroughly.


Add in your eggs one at a time and mix



Add in flour and continue mixing.



Add in your coconut milk, keep mixing



Add in desiccated coconut, keep mixing



Your batter should look light and airy like this.



Pour batter in cake pans. I decided to use these fancy molds.



All set for the oven.



Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick/skewer/tooth pick can come out clean when used to poke the cake.


Bring out of the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.


Finally.... Ohhh my my my, this cake calls for some luscious, smooth and tasty rum ICE-CREAM on the side!!!
Can't wait for the feedback after you've tried it!!!






9 comments:

  1. This looks good,i cant wait to try it,please where did you buy the cake molds from?i love it.thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from TKMaxx, I guess most baking store should stock them. Thanks

      Delete
    2. ok,thanksssss

      Delete
    3. U welcome 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽

      Delete
  2. Wao I can't wait to try this one! I love coconut cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oluwabukola Unique Tunde21 June 2015 at 01:08

    Love your work and how you teach. Thanks always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, we really do appreciate all your wonderful feedbacks

      Delete
  4. Will be trying this recipe this weekend hope it comes out delicious. Thanx for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete