Thursday 28 May 2015

Spicy prawn coconut curry


Curry dishes are so fun and extremely easy to prepare.. I love the smell that fills the house, then linger outside penetrating through the neighbours windows (naughty me... Lol) I just love the authenticity of Asian dishes, though I don't consume them all the time but when I do.. Boy do I satisfy my cravings!!! 

Ingredients 

*300g raw king prawns 
*1tsp curry powder
*1/2 Tbsp cumin powder
*1/2 Tbsp turmeric powder
*1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
*1stock cube
*1/2 Tbsp ginger powder 
*1tbsp olive oil or any oil of your choice
*200ml coconut milk (you can substitute water for the milk, but you will need to add 2tbsp tomatoes paste).. ((See how to make/extract coconut milk))



1. Start by lightly frying the peppers and onions, then add in the stock cube...



2. Before the onions and peppers turn brown, add in the prawns and spices.. Frying for just 1min (Super quick pls, as prawns get overcooked very quickly). 


3. Stir all together, allowing them to combine for just 1min

4. Add in the coconut milk, then cook for 2mins


5. Add in the coriander, stir.. Then leave for 30secs.. And it's ready 


Soooo creamy and yummy.. Served mine with sticky jasmine rice and naan bread YUM




No comments:

Post a Comment