Thursday 29 October 2015

Green tomatoes stew (green tomatoes sauce)


I went shopping at my local whole food market, to my amusement  I spotted some green tomatoes.. quickly a thought came to mind "green tomatoes stew!!!, quickly I got that feeling of a kid in the candy store. Packed hand full of the tomatoes, humming on my way home filled with excitement. 

When preparing this stew, I recommend you stick to this recipe and quantity of ingredient; because the tomatoes are quite tangy and the bell peppers are quite sweet, so its important you strike a balance, also adding thyme and curry  helps.

This stew taste as good as our everyday red stew, only the colour makes a different.

Ingredients 

2 Green tomatoes
4 Scotch bonnet or more if required
4 Bell peppers
1 Onion
Stock cubes (chicken stock preferable)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp dried thyme
Vegetable oil



Step 1. wash, chop and blend the vegetables till very smooth


Step 2. Pour the blended vegetables into a pot and allow to simmer.. till almost past


Step 3. Add in the vegetable oil


Step 4. Add in the curry powder


Step 5. Add in the thyme


Step 6. The stock, taste and allow to simmer for few minutes and its ready...


I and my family enjoyed ours with some steamed rice.... the taste was out of this word.. #yum

3 comments:

  1. Definitely trying this out this weekend, with a little twist. Yummy tripple green stew

    ReplyDelete