Tuesday 21 April 2015

Designer local native stew.. the best alternative to ofada stew or ayamase

By NK's PASSIONS

É Fry ... This sauce is one of the best thing since slice Bread I tell You! 
I made it with an almost Rotten Tomatoes, loads of Onions and loads of pepper! 
And I used a Surinam version of Iru ... It smells just like Iru but not that strong .. It taste amazing!!! 

Ingredients

Tomatoes (slightly rotten🙊)
Fresh pepper

White and Red Tomatoes
Smoked Turkey 
Big dried Prawns 
Knorr & Royco cubes (Bullion) 
Palm and Olive Oil 
Iru/Ogiri/Évbarię but I used a Surinam version of Iru


Step 1. Get all ingredients together. 



Step 2. These are the Tomatoes, about 2 big balls of Onions .. About 8-9 fresh peppers ( trust me they are HT)!!

Step 3. I roughly blended it like this using the "Pause" button....


Step 4. Then boil for some minutes to dry the water out...

Step 5. Then added my Surinam Iru and Blended crayfish ... Then set aside


Step 6. Then in a pot ... Pour a bit of Olive oil (u can use any other type) ... Palm oil!!! Make sure the Palm oil is more ...


Step 7. Am using the Covering technique to bleach the oil (NB Please make sure you KEEP AN EYE while doing this please!!!

Step 8. After about .. 6-7mins ...


Step 9. Pour in your "White Onions" first .. Remember am using 2 types!!!  And fry for 2-3mins allowing the onions to flavour the oil

Step 10. Then pour on your .. Cooked pepper ..


Step 11. Followed by your .. Dried prawns and smoked Turkey (or whatever u are using) ...


Step 12. Stir and let it simmer for 2-3mins ....By now the whole house will be testifying


Step 13. Then add your stork Cubes ...

Step 14. Then allow it to cook for about 5-7mins.. If you noticed is drying out .. Just add a 'tiny' water...


Step 15Then you will notice the oil is kind of settling ontop ... Time to add our other onions ..

Step 16. Then add the 'Red Onions' I know you guys will ask why I do this .  I like my onions a bit crunchy and adding your Onions at this stages changes the game of the Sauce... 


Step 17. Just let it simmer for 3-4mins .. And taste for Salt !!!! See how the red Onions beautifies it


Step 18. I normally will add another Cube of Knorr or Maggi ... But I decided to use salt because Dried Prawn is an organic Food Sweetner...

Step 19. Native stew is incomplete without some Boiled eggs😬 In Margret voice ..slash some eggs and put inside 


No comments:

Post a Comment