Saturday 1 August 2015

KFC style battered fried chicken (not KFC recipe)


How many parents don't sometimes feel they are spending too much for treats and eats from eateries world wide!!!
It dawned on me, I was spending too much money at my local KFC entertaining  the kids this summer holiday.. I said to myself, enough is enough "I had to do something".. 
Not having their pressure deep fryer or exact recipe didn't deter me, that even made me more determined so I went online to explore recipes then came up with these combination of spices.
It really came out well for me. The kids loved it and since every little helps, I've saved a bit of cash that I'm proud of!!!


Ingredients 

For the chicken 
*chicken stock cubes or powder
*milk or water
*salt 

For the batter 
*190g plain flour
*3tsp chilli 
*1tsp sage
*1tsp basil
*2tsp paprika 
*2tsp white or black pepper 
*1tsp coriander 
*1tsp powder garlic 
*1tsp powder ginger 
*1tsp powder oregano
*1tsp powder cardamom
*1tsp powder marjoram
*2 eggs 

****And oil to fry or oven to bake

Step 1. Pour the milk in a large bowl, add the chicken stock and salt.. Then stir properly 


Step 2. Pour the mix on the chicken, stir then cover with a cling film or bag.. Place in the fridge for atleast 6hours... ***make sure the milk is well seasoned, if using chicken legs or thighs make sure to poke them with a fork, so the seasoning can go through properly***


step 3. In a bowl, combine the flour with the 11 spices, then mix properly 


Step 4. Dip the chicken in the egg... This allows the spicy coating that's coming on next to stay on.


Step 5. Coat the chicken in the spicy flour mix.
*At this point switch on the deep fryer or oven 

Step 6. Start frying the chicken 
*quick tip: add some water into the fryer, little at a time and be extra careful with your hot oil to avoid burns.Doing this helps the chicken to cook through (remember KFC and other chicken restaurant use deep pressure fryer) so adding water to your oil, replicates the pressure fryer 


Step 7. Once completely fried, allow excess oil to drain 


My kids testified.. I was amazed at their  reaction. If the kids love it, adults will 100% love it. 


8 comments:

  1. So you didn't boil it before frying? Nice imma try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to boil dear.. The brining process, already helps to soften the chicken

      Delete
  2. Pls are the last two spices common in nigeria.never heard of them.w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U can always substitute for spices that are available

      Delete
  3. How much milk, salt and chicken stock Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that will depend on your own taste as per stock, as I don't how what or which chicken nor quantity u making

      Delete
  4. if you want to hire some good wedding singers, always look for a singer with a background in classical music~ KFC wednesday offer

    ReplyDelete
  5. If getting good offers for your loved items in KFC is much better than anything. so I always check kfc offers in shopozo they offer great deals and offers for chicken items. Buy one bucket chicken and get 50% cashback at shopozo

    ReplyDelete