Tuesday 4 August 2015

Homemade zesty sugarcane juice (sugarcane juice)



During my weekly shopping sometime last week, I spotted a market trader selling sugarcane!!!
Oh my! This ignited so many childhood memories and I just had to get some!
However, the only thing I disliked and still dislike about sugarcanes is having to chew to extract the juice as it gets quite stressful for my jaws! That's one chewing that can be quite a chore, tiring! 
Anyway,  being a #foodie, I thought to myself "why not extract the juice"... Nothing new about this but I hadn't tried it that way before!!!.. 
So guys, here's a peek at how I went about making it into a zesty drink.
Unfortunately the limes and lemons added are not pictured as I didn't really plan to document it on the blog.
If you are looking for a new refreshing taste this summer, this might just be your best bet!!!

Ingredients 
*Sugarcanes
*Lemons (I added 2 lemons to mine)
*Lime (and 1 lime)
*water (little at a time)

Equipment 
*Knife
*Food processor or mortar/pestle 
*Sieve
*Cotton flannel


Step 1... Peel using a knife, then cut into small chunks 


Step 2. Pour the chopped up sugarcane into the food processor, add in some water, lemon and lime juice, then blend (if required, add in little water)


Step 3. Place a sieve over a bowl, then place cotton flannel over it... 


Step 4. Pour the blended mix on the cotton flannel, 


Step 5... Squeeze generously to extract the juice... Then discard the remenat. Pour the juice in a bottle, then chill...(my recommendation consume within 24hr)


Here's my super refreshing and on point drink!



2 comments:

  1. I am not saying that juicing is a guaranteed cure for any of the above ailments, in fact, juice recipes should be used only as a supplement to a doctor's medical treatment plan. smoothies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust that you will attempt it, get its superb advantages and appreciate it as much as I have. Ejuice

    ReplyDelete